HOME
AN AMAZING LEGACY IN STONE
ANTIETAM CREEK
» Leitersburg Bridge No. 2
» Old Forge Bridge
» Funkstown Turnpike Bridge
» Funkstown Bridge No. 2
» Claggett’s Mill Race Bridge
» Claggett’s Mill Bridge
» Rose’s Mill Bridge
» Devil’s Backbone Bridge
» Booth’s Mill Bridge
» Roxbury Mills Bridge
» The Hitt Bridge
» Pry’s Mill Bridge
» Felfoot Bridge
» Burnside Bridge
» Antietam Ironworks Bridge
» Antietam Aqueduct
» The Israel Creek Bridge

CONOCOCHEAGUE CREEK
REQUEST A BROCHURE
CONTACT US

A-9 • Booth’s Mill Bridge | 1833
On Route 68, Lappans Road, East of Route 65, The Sharpsburg Pike

Built by Charles Wilson to replace a wooden bridge near a powder mill, it was also known as the Delamere Bridge because it is near Delamere Mansion where the Reverend Bartholomew Booth was the headmaster of a boys school attended by the sons of many noted Revolutionary War figures, including Benedict Arnold! The Reverend Booth was also Vicar of All Saints, today’s St. Johns Episcopal Church in Hagerstown. The bridge is surrounded by a park, with picnic facilities, and convenient parking. Canoe and kayak rentals are available.
 

Concept and photos by Katherine Campbell Francomano of DoubleDog Productions. Text by Frank Francomano.

| DESIGNED BY: ICON GRAPHICS |